Please find other with this

Monday, February 8, 2016

Dress Code for Chinese Weddings in China

This is actually a wedding. Notice the collar shirts.
If you're wondering what the dress code is for Chinese weddings, you've come to the right place.

I'm going to keep this post short and sweet.

But before I can answer your question, I need to know if the couple that is getting married is westernized or not and if the wedding is locally in China.

If they are westernized, then formal or semi-formal is the way to go. It doesn't matter where they have the wedding.

If they are traditional Chinese and the wedding is not in China, I would still go semi-formal. 

If they are traditional Chinese and the wedding is locally in China, I would go casual. 

Yes, casual. 

I learned this the embarrassing way when I showed up to a wedding in my suit just to realize that the only other person wearing a suit was the groom. 

Don't make this mistake. 

Go casual. Drink Bai Jiu (of the Maotai variety). Have a good time. 

Gan Bei (Cheers in Mandarin) and gong xi (Congratulations in Mandarin).

Note to non-Chinese women: Don't wear a qipao (Traditional Chinese Dress). 

No comments:

Post a Comment